Friday, February 22, 2008

On Fire


22.2.08, evening. I received a call from my youngest brother, who is staying at my condo unit at Puchong Perdana, KL that my apartment was on fire.

Despite of severe property lost on my part (Sigh!) , it is a blessing that no one got hurt. This is because:
  • My brother was fortunately back early to home yesterday and spotted the smoke coming out from the apartment as he was entering to the condominium compound. Usually, my brother works till very late at night.
  • Neither the Guards / Patrols of the Condo management nor our neighbours noticed any smoke coming out from my unit; or even detected any odd or burning smell in the air.
  • The fire was small and there is no dangerous flammable materials close to the source. The fire managed to contained by itself. Imagine if the fire spreads to the neighbours and the entire building block.
My whole apartment now is darken with soot.

The soot blackened the entire apartment floorspace, dusting the walls and covered up the ceiling. It also greyed the clothes, mattresses and pillows in the bedrooms. It dimmed the kitchen, darken the sofas and carpets in the living room, inking the books and CDs, and "char coaling" the TV sets.

Initial observation shown that the fire was started from the plug point on the wall where the TV was plugged. The plug point is seen molten and My TV was half burned.

The real source of fire is still under investigation of the fire department. I will update this posting as and when there is something new to be updated.

--------------------------------------------------------
26.2.08 The final outcome of the Fire Department's investigation showed that the source of the fire started from the speed regulator of the ceiling fan.

These images were taken using mobile phone camera.


This is the root cause - The ceiling fan's speed regulator. See how it has burned to a unrecognisable state


The burning molten plastic dropped onto CD carton storage boxes on the TV console table. That where the fire started and spread. My poor TV!


A sorry state of the ceiling in the living hall

My air condition unit was not spared from the darkening force of the soot.

and this is the toilet was once so clean... Sigh!