Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Eve at Singapore

On Christmas eve, I went to Singapore with the aim to see the well-renown Christmas lighting at Orchard Road. I was also hoping to feel the high spirit of Christmas atmosphere there, as I heard strangers on the street will offer warm hugs and well wishes to each other, especially when the clock strike 12.

Sadly, I have to cut my trip short and did not have the chance to feel the Christmas atmosphere there due to continuous downpours. Moreover, I was getting uneasy with the increasing number of people on the street. At one point, I was stuck in the sardine-packed crowd, inching near the entrance / exit of Orchard MRT station . Fearing for a stampede (I know, i sounded Kiasi), I decided to not to linger at Orchard road any longer, but move away to Bishan to have dinner with my friend.



Interior Christmas Decor at The Heeren.

Christmas Carol singers


Rain, Rain, Rain, but it didn't stop visitors from taking photographs of the lighting features at Orchard Road. Ahem, I was one of them!

Walking in the rain. So, we were not just bathed in lights, but also in rain!
Along the road, there were these figurines telling the story of Christmas.


Christmas tree made of sweet candies. If it was real, i would love to have a bite.

Undeniably, trees are one of the best gifts to mankind.

"... With God All Things Are Possible... Matthew 19:26" was featured as the backdrop lighting of the exterior Christmas decoration at the Tangs Shopping Center. To me, it was one of the best, if not the best that i have seen this year.

Traffic was not heavy as the street was about to be closed for the Christmas countdown event at the Orchard Road.

Let there be peace, love and well beings in the world. All human beings are created differently, we should embrace each other differences and stop all the war, discrimination and hatred.
Being Chinese, Food is an important part of our culture and I end my posting with footages of the busy kitchen scenes at Din Tai Fung, the place where i had my Christmas dinner.